Pages - Menu

Friday 22 February 2013

The Influenza and the Bright Side

"J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé" 
(I decided to be happy because it's good for the health)
- Voltaire

Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/being%20happy

Well. I've been sick for the past week and its been fun, most definitely. No. I detest being sick, it is a miserable and rage inducing experience for me. I'll admit I'm a bit of a nerd, and being a IB student means being loaded down with work. Thus when I get sick, it sucks. 

When I get sick, I get BOTH the influenza and the common cold, fun. I can't seem to get only one of them. So the first few days I spend my days moping around, unable to do work because of my headaches and sores. And you know what? This week I had a math test and a essay worth 25% of my final mark due. Is that not great? I love being sick. Ignore what I said before.

Source: http://www.rebelleepoque.com/2012/06/17/one-day/
The remaining days, I spend hacking my lungs and going to the washroom every five minutes because I drank like 1.618 gallons (see what I did there?) of water, okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. Mmhmm. Sounds like so much fun right? Being sick is fantastic.

Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/the%20golden%20ratio?language=de_DE
And I'm not one of those people who get sick once every 5 years, no. My immune system is a troll and wants me to get sick 5 times a year, and it also wants me to be sick for a month each time. Thanks, I don't know what I would do with out you. *Insert heart here*

BUT

You know what? Suck it up. Your life could be worse.
So look on the bright side.

1. You get a chance to skip school/work/whatever tedious routine you have and SLEEP IN

Source: http://favim.com/image/104634/
Well you might get to sleep in and miss *insert something* but I on the other hand do not. I am forced to go an attend school and spread my infections to everyone! Fun. I love being at school when I'm sick. I love it even more when I have to write a test when I'm sick. So think of it like this, at least you can sleep in and skip what ever you had to do that day. Unless your like me... which would suck for you.

2. Hot beverages, in my case TEA

Source: http://www.emilyabigail.com/a-dose-of-inspiration/
When I'm sick I can drink as much tea as my heart desires. Mmmmm Tea. I can drink a piping hot cup of tea while reading my favourite book. Just kidding. I read books assigned to me by my English teacher, though I do love reading. Currently books to read: 1984 by George Orwell and The Crucible by Arthur Miller. I'll admit that currently I love 1984, though some of its ideas are bit much for me, but nonetheless a superb read.

3. You have the influenza, at least you're not dying, or have cancer (most likely)

Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/mitochondrial%20disease
However, if you do, then no offense is meant. But for those of us who don't, be glad that it's just the influenza or the common cold. You're not going to die from this. So stop being so melodramatic and stick it through, because in a few days or weeks you'll be pretty much back to normal. This little bug won't do much to you, in fact, it'll only strengthen up your immune system. So you should be thanking this little bug.

4. You can wear what you want

Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sweatpants
When I'm sick I don't care if people judge me based on what I wear. So why not wear that super lazy or crazy outfit of yours? You're sick, most people will understand, no judgement given. Girls, your body needs a break from those nerve pinching skinny jeans (permanent nerve damage yay!) and those bone destroying heels. I should make a post on why fashion hurts. Excellent plan George.

5. Eat some random stuff!

Source: http://nellanablog.blogspot.ca/2012_02_06_archive.html
I don't know about you, but when I'm sick, my mom let's me eat what I want when I want. Enough said.

6. I get treated like royalty

Source: https://twitter.com/DearPrincesses
It seems that when I'm sick, I pretty much get waited hand and foot, and that's is pretty awesome. Though don't take it for granted. It is pretty nice not having to do things, like making food and getting things for me.

7. You have friends

Soruce: http://weheartit.com/entry/32161410
Who are most likely still going to hang out with you even though you're sick as a diseased rat. Why? Because they're your friends, they'll make sure that you're never alone and always try to make you feel better. However, if you don't, then you need new friends, or your friend is still waiting for you to find them.
Or you could just be a horrible person, in which case I can fully understand why you don't have friends. I'm a blunt and honest person, I'll admit that, but you need to be nicer to people.

I'm going to save the rest for the next time I get sick or something bad happens.
So if you're sick, think of the bright side, and in a matter of days, you'll probably be better!

So, what do you guys do when you're sick?

1 comment: